Apply to Global HERizon’s Mentee Program!
Have an opportunity you’d like us to share with our network?
About the Mentee Program
We believe in the power of women to change the world, and provide young women from rural Canada with the opportunity to receive a modest financial contribution to their academic or career ambitions (maximum $5000 CAD), along with expert mentorship support to help build bridges between local and global impact.
So how does someone qualify for this support?
Most importantly, you should have a great idea that needs some funding to get it off the ground! This can take the form of:
- A scholarship to support your social justice-themed graduate degree
- A bursary to fund an international volunteer opportunity or co-op placement
- Seed funding for a social enterprise idea to create positive global change
With your great idea in hand, to qualify for this opportunity:
- You are a Canadian woman (in terms of gender: cis or female-identifying; in terms of status: citizen or permanent resident).
- You are 27 years of age or less as of December 31, 2019.
- You have grown up in rural Canada (required). ‘Rural’ in this case is broadly defined to mean a community of approximately 5000 people or less.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to creating positive social change in your community or the world through volunteer work, research or other social engagement.
- You are willing to engage actively in the mentorship relationship, provide regular updates on your work to Global HERizons, and are committed to ‘pay it forward’ by engaging and inspiring other young women to engage globally.
To submit your application, the deadline is MIDNIGHT (EST) on April 30, 2019
A couple of notes before you begin…
In addition to the responses you submit, you will be asked to provide the following documents:
- Proof of one (1) of the following:
- enrollment in an academic institution for the 2018-2019 academic year
- an acceptance letter for an international volunteer or co-op placement; or
- a fully developed business plan for your social enterprise, along with information on other contributors to the initiative
- Your resume/CV
- Two (2) letters of reference from people who have knowledge of your background and commitment to creating positive social change
Note: You will need a Gmail account to upload your documents into this online form
Click HERE to access the online application form!