Wellness for Greatness Kenya is a health and fitness organization founded to run the Transforming Ordinary into Extraordinary wellness program. The Program strives to inculcate Fitness into the daily lives of the school youth, adults and community. We believe that our lives should be a journey into keeping ourselves healthy, fit and able-bodied through our progressive years.
Our Vision: A preferred public health and wellness service provider, delivering extraordinary value oriented and first-class satisfaction to the Kenyan population.
Our Mission: To promote Public Health through physical activity, physical education, healthy diets as well as Provide cutting edge physical health and fitness services by encouraging positive behavioral change to improve the lives and wellbeing of the Kenyan public from a tender age.
- Fitness & exercise
- Discourage sedentary lifestyles especially for Persons with disability.
- Sensitization on childhood obesity
- Healthy diets and nutrition promotion
- Physical activity and physical education programs
- Lower the risk of Non-Communicable Diseases/cardiovascular diseases (like heart attack and stroke), overweight/obesity, diabetes, musculoskeletal problems, chronic respiratory diseases (such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma) and some cancers.
- Health education on tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse prevention, personal hygiene, preventive health, common communicable and chronic diseases.
- Contribute to improved academic performance, attendance rates, behavior and lifelong health and well-being.
- To strengthen immunity, build their self-esteem, reduce symptoms of depression and improve social behavior and learning.
- Building relationships and a sense of community.
School Wellness Councils
This is be the body concerned with the health and wellbeing of staff and learners in schools. Its Members include school staff, Parents, Teachers, learners, food service providers, health professionals, the school board, administrators and other interested community members.
Wellness and Mentorship Clubs in Schools
The Wellness Clubs teach students the concepts, attitudes, skills and behavior for life-long healthy eating habits and physical activity.
Persons with Disabilities Related Physical Activity – Disability Wellness
We have programs for special schools and persons with Disabilities, since they live a more sedentary life, therefore they are at a higher risks of suffering from lifestyle diseases than a similar person of the same age without an impairment. We shall therefore ensure that Physical education and activity is made available equally to learners with disabilities as to learners without disabilities.
Nutrition Education and Related Support
This wellness project aims to teach, model, encourage, and support healthy eating for all school learners, teachers, staff and general communities within target areas. This is delivered by trained nutritionists.
This Wellness project serves local communities, and is not limited to schools. This project is aimed at nurturing positive behavioral change that would have been adopted from the school wellness project. This is be less about winning or competing, but instead focused on building relationships which conceptualize community cohesiveness.
Onsite Fitness Centre and Outdoor Gyms
This will create convenient access to gym facilities to both learners and staff. These would eliminate the hustle of driving or seeking alternative locations, which comes with traffic and travel related challenges.
The Adopt-a-School Program
This is an initiative whose objective is to provide a structured pathway for partnership between schools and the Community. The program welcomes Corporates, Community Organizations, Individuals, Governmental, Non-Governmental Organizations and International Organizations to building relationships with schools through supporting Health and Wellness in Schools. During this collaboration, partners and schools will work together to implement the Transforming Ordinary into Extraordinary Wellness Program. The support can be termly or annually. The donors/partners can select any school then together with Wellness For Greatness Kenya prepare a program of action for a specific period.
- Capacity Building
- Workshops and Training
- Flexible working hours
Meet Some Team Members
Moses Oluchiri, Founder & Executive Director
Moses is a health and fitness enthusiast and Founder of Wellness For Greatness Kenya. Moses began his career in the fitness industry in 2014 as the Director of Hightower Health and Fitness Centre while pursuing his undergraduate degree in Sociology, Political Science and Public Administration at The University of Nairobi. His dedication to helping people become happier and healthier through exercise has propelled him to pursue a second degree in Sports Science. Moses has mentored, tutored, and coached groups of high school students in different schools in Nairobi Kenya. As a result of this mentorship programs, students were able to achieve higher grades, acquire leadership skills and become responsible and focused. Moses’ passion to establish Wellness For Greatness Kenya is fueled by the growing statistics of the negative effects of lifestyle and non-communicable diseases on youth, adults, communities and the economy. He believes in “Transforming Ordinary Into Extraordinary” and that through this program the youth will be cognizant, “That Tomorrow is Assured and Today is Safe.”
Husna Njenga, Wellness Nutrition Advisor
Husna a positive proactive and productive young professional in the field of foods, nutrition and dietetics. She is passionate when it comes healthy lifestyles and diets. Her experience in working with children, teenagers and adults has enabled her to acquire strong skills in creativity and finding solutions by working hard to attain set goals, achieve outstanding performance and completion of tasks. As a young professional Husna has attained a Bachelor of Science, Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics and a Diploma in Human Nutrition and Dietetics from Kenyatta University. She has worked for different organizations as a Nutritionist. At Wellness For Greatness Kenya, Husna enjoys sharing her knowledge and experiences to support, motivate and encourage healthy eating habits from a tender age.
Adams Kandawala, Medical Doctor
Jane Ndenga, Special Programs Associate
Jane Ndenga is a Sportswoman living with disability and has specialized in Wheelchair Tennis. She has attained Diploma in Community Counselling and Certificate in Public Relations and Customer Care from Kenya Institute of Professional Studies. Her love for sports motivated her to pursue and attain a Certificate in Coaching from Kenya Lawn Tennis and Action Network for The Disabled and Coaches across the continent. Jane is also trained on Sexual and Reproductive Health. At Action Network for the disable(ANDY), Jane has served a as Sports Coach in inclusive sport –changing the game project, She was in charge of two schools in Kasarani –Treeside Special and Kasarani primary with autistic unit. She has since been promoted at the same reputable organization as a Project Officer leading Sexual and Reproductive Health.
Jairus Webuye, Program Coordinator
Jairus has served in the area of Community Development for 17 years. Commencing his work at Emerging Young Leaders Africa, then moved to Emerging Leadership Initiatives and currently serving at Evangelical Alliance of Kenya, Jairus has made major contributions in enriching lives of numerous people. He has facilitated many empowerment sessions on various topical issues on personal development. With Wellness for Greatness Kenya, Jairus coordinates and oversees several programs and projects for the organization.
- Transformation: We strive to transform the ordinary into extraordinary
- Excellence: We challenge ourselves to the highest level of learning and performance, tapping the best resources to have an impact.
- Equality: We believe in the importance of respecting and honoring every individual; through them we get change.
- Integrity: We are Committed to honesty, accountability and transparency in all our works We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our stories and lessons
- Inclusiveness: We will collaborate with like-minded organizations and individuals regardless of race, gender, age, nationality, color or gender.
- Professionalism, Teamwork and Excellence: We value effective teamwork and collaboration when delivering professional services. We strive to attain the highest standards in all that we do.
- Innovativeness and Creativity: Having innovative and effective solutions, creative ideas is our driving force.
How to get involved with Wellness for Greatness Kenya
How often does Wellness for Greatness Kenya hire people?
We hire interns frequently. The roles of our interns include:
- Fulfill tasks set out by supervisors from several departments.
- Assist in proposal writing and budget development/support for different programs and the organization as a whole.
- Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Support event and fundraising planning efforts
- Assisting the Project Managers in preparing the documents required for the reporting on the implemented activities
- Maintain organization’s public relations and communication outlets: website and social media accounts
- Perform research at a supervisor’s request..
- Create images for social media posts.
We take interns with different educational backgrounds; we are not specific on any educational requirement.
Top Things Looked For in Candidates
- Passionate about our work
- Reliable, dependable and committed
- Team player
- Time management
- Imaginative and creative
- Have the zeal to make a difference in the society
Advice for Candidates
- They should have the community at heart and strive to make a difference through their works and interactions.
- Volunteering can have a significant impact on a persons’ health and wellbeing. It can reduce stress levels, improve mood, help people stay active and give them a sense of purpose.
- Our volunteers and employees should be health conscious, and mind about the health and wellbeing of our learners and members of community. Together we should discourage sedentary lifestyles and sensitize on childhood obesity as well as other Non-communicable and cardiovascular diseases.
For more information please visit our website on: www.wellnessforgreatness.org. For any queries and/or clarifications do not hesitate to contact us through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us on: +254721987331.