- This event has passed.
[Livestream] A future for the world’s children
February 19 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
February 19th will see the launch of a major new report on child health and well-being by an independent WHO-UNICEF-Lancet Commission.
Entitled A future for the world’s children?, this is the first comprehensive, independent report to reposition every aspect of child health through the lens of our rapidly changing climate and other existential threats.
It is the result of more than two years of work by 40 child health experts from around the world, led by Her Excellencies Helen Clark, former Prime Minister of New Zealand, and Awa Coll-Seck, Minister of State of Senegal.
It details critical, emerging risks to child health; proposes novel solutions; and calls for urgent action to achieve measurable results.
Date and time
19th February, 14:00-16:00 CET
Follow us live
The event will be livestreamed on this page and via social media @WHO.
Stay tuned for more information.
This high-level event will include a discussion with leading experts, government officials and civil society.
- Dr Helen Clark, former Prime Minister, New Zealand; Commission Co-Chair
- Dr Awa Coll-Seck, Minister of State, Senegal; Commission Co-Chair
- Ms Henrietta H. Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization
- Dr Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief, The Lancet
If you are interested in attending the event in person in Geneva, please register by Friday, 7 February.