The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a dynamic individual to join its People Services team. Reporting to the Senior Business Partner, People Services, Western Canada, this position is responsible for providing HR expertise and support to the 2016 AB Fires Operations team with the administration and coordination of HR and Employee Management Cycle activities.
The Advisor, People Services helps facilitate and oversee the AB Fires Recovery Operations with a focus on recruitment, employee relations, onboarding/offboarding, performance management, coaching and development, learning and development, and change in accordance with Canadian Red Cross established policies and procedures, relevant legislation and government guidelines.
You will enjoy:
Culture: An organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Flexibility: Flexible work arrangements and paid time off for those “life happens moments.”
Employee Benefits: A cost-shared, comprehensive health and dental plan and competitive vacation entitlements.
Meaningful Work: The opportunity to make a difference through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations.
Team Collaboration: A talented team of HR professionals who support each others’ efforts, learning and growth.
Who you are:
- You are a Relationship builder – you will develop relationships with your client groups to become a trusted advisor.
- You are adaptive – you successfully navigate the unexpected, respond to changing needs and apply lessons learned.
- You are a strong communicator – you are able to adapt your communication style to work collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- You are HR Savvy – You understand People Services from a legislative, human rights and client group perspective.
In this role you will:
- Provide coaching and advice to managers and employees on HR matters including the interpretation of the HR processes and policies, staffing/hiring, employee/volunteer relations, performance management, talent management, compensation, culture, and change management
- Support the development and implementation of new programs/systems/policies
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment and selection process, ensuring appropriate collaboration with client group
- Provides guidance to employees and managers on the interpretation of Human Resources related policies and employment legislation and monitors compliance, gaps and risks
- Conducts exit interviews, summarizing data to identify trends and makes recommendations to the Senior Business Partner, People Services
- Ensures tracking of trends and metrics for the client group providing reports to clients and the people services team
- Works with the specialist teams and people relations to plan and prioritize workload within the People Services team and identify areas of overlap or opportunities for synergies across the client groups
- Participates in the development and implementation of People Services programs (e.g., training & development, compensation, workforce planning, performance)
- In times of active disaster, is part of the People Services response roster and may be called upon to fill roles within the people services emergency response structure and may require deployment away from home for extended periods of time.
We’re looking for:
- A university degree in Human Resources, Administration, or related field, and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven skills in a broad range of HR functions, including policy analysis and application, workforce planning, recruitment, performance management, disability management, recognition, occupational health and safety, and compensation administration
- Excellent coaching and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence when working closely with managers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, HRIS, applicant tracking, and time and attendance systems
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Self-directed, motivated, resourceful
- Ability to work effectively with remote supervision
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team
- Current First Aid Certification, or willingness to take training
- CPHR designation
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Proven skills in conducting workplace investigations
- Experience supporting people relations activities before and during disaster response
- Fluency in a second language
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment
- Regular travel to Fort McMurray will be required
This position is subject to the satisfactory completion of a Criminal Record Check.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.