The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Assistant Coordinator Emergency Management, Manitoba.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, Emergency Management or designate, the Assistant Coordinator is responsible to provide administrative support to the Emergency Management team to ensure ongoing efficient program service delivery. During an emergency response, the Assistant Coordinator will participate as required in business continuity or in a response role as assigned.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Flexibility: alternative work arrangements and paid time off for those “life happens moments.”
Employee Benefits: A cost shared, comprehensive health and dental plan, and competitive vacation entitlements.
Meaningful Work: the opportunity to grow and learn through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations.
Who you are:
- You are a creative problem solver – you have the ability to and enjoy solving complex problems.
- You are adaptive – you are able to navigate the unexpected, respond to changing needs and apply lessons learned.
- You are a strong communicator – you are able to adapt your communication style to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization and stakeholders.
- You are detail oriented – You love details and understand they are vital to ensuring the operation runs smoothly.
In this role you will:
- Provide administrative and technical support to program managers
- Prepares meeting notes and correspondence as requested
- Coordinates electronic and paper files, ensuring concise organization and cataloguing of all program documentation, reports and publications
- Coordinates the preparation, organization and distribution of documents, presentations and correspondence in a timely manner
- Coordinates and arranges meeting logistics including participant materials, facility bookings, catering and travel as required
- Reviews and processes volunteer expense claims related to planning and preparedness activities
- Maintains inventory of administrative/office supplies for the emergency management program in accordance with Canadian Red Cross standards
- Provides admin support to the emergency response planning and response activities
- During an emergency, participates as required in business continuity or in a response role as assigned
- Participates in exercises, debriefs and post-response activities to contribute to a cycle of preparation and continuous improvement as assigned
We’re looking for:
- High school diploma and some post secondary training in office administration or a related field and a minimum of one to three years’ office or administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with volunteers is required;
- This position requires a satisfactory Criminal Records Check required or a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC)
- If driving for society business; a valid driver’s license is required with a satisfactory drivers’ abstract
- Demonstrated robust skills in MS Office suite of tools, especially Outlook Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Effective and creative problem-solving abilities, including the ability to solve complex problems in a face paced environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is required, French skills are an asset;
- Versatility, judgment, maturity and the ability to work in a team;
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing reports;
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities in a high paced, deadline driven environment; strong multi-tasking ability required;
- Excellent office skills, and experience in basic accounting is essential;
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances;
- Ability to work well within a team – share information, respectful, approachable, build strong relationships within a team.
- Majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Able to work non-traditional hours and respond to emergency/disaster related requests on weekends and after hours.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.