The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Assistant Coordinator, for the Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP). Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, HELP, this position provides customer service, administrative, and financial support to the HELP while being part of the volunteer management process.
You will enjoy:
Culture: An organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Flexibility: Flexible work arrangements and paid time off for those “life happens moments.”
Employee Benefits: A cost-shared, comprehensive health and dental plan and competitive vacation entitlements.
Meaningful Work: The opportunity to make a difference through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations.
Who you are:
- You are a multi-tasker – you have the ability to stay organized and move effortlessly between working with clients and administrative work.
- You are adaptive – you successfully navigate the unexpected, respond to changing needs and apply lessons learned.
- You are a strong communicator – you are able to adapt your communication style to work collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- You are service focused – You understand the importance of listening and responding to client needs in order provide excellent service.
In this role you will:
- Provides professional customer service and information to the public, both by telephone and in person
- Responds to program specific and generic inquiries from clients, health care professionals and public
- Performs outbound calls and tracking to follow up on overdue equipment or long-term loans.
- Produces mail/form letters to request return of overdue items or an update on the status on the equipment we loanMaintains paper and/or computer records regarding clients, loan, reminders and returns
- Compiles statistical reports from the database as required.
- Maintains excellent reception, customer service and local office administrative support responsibilities ensuring business continuity during business hours by engaging volunteers
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly state
- Receives, cleans, maintains, repair and issues inventory loans as requested.
We’re looking for:
- Training in customer service or office admistration and one-year work related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including handling interactions with the general public, clients and colleagues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, including telephone etiquette.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and inventory databases
- Attention to detail and follows policy directivesFluency in a second language
- Experience working with diverse populations and an understanding of cultural difference
- General knowledge and understanding of health equipment
- Medical background is an asset
This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check and a satisfactory vulnerable sector check.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
To apply to this position, click here