The Canadian Red Cross, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as, the vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking an Emergency Management Coordinator.
As a member of the largest disaster relief organization in the world, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Emergency Management Program, including recruitment, engagement, relationship building and response operations within New Brunswick and supporting the program throughout Atlantic Canada.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration.
Meaningful Work: you will be part of a team that supports Canadians within your province as well as from across the country.
In this role, you will:
- Volunteer Resource Management
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment initiatives to achieve set targets within assigned geographic areas of New Brunswick.
- Completion of onboarding and orientation activities.
- Develop and lead volunteer teams through training, engagement opportunities and recognition,
- Provide coaching and performance management activities as applicable.
- Employees and Volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Implementation of Red Cross emergency management response plans within various communities in New Brunswick.
- Coordinate emergency preparedness activities in an all-hazards approach with particular emphasis on risks relevant to the assigned geographical regions in the province.
- Plays a leadership role during local, provincial and national emergency responses as required.
- Relationship Building
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders including local and municipal governments, NGOs, police and fire departments, the Department of Community Services, Emergency Management Office, as well as, community leaders in a continuous effort to enhance response capacity.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in our communities.
We are looking for:
- University degree or community college diploma in one or more of the following disciplines; adult education, administration, planning and evaluation or a related field.
- Three to six years experience at a community-based program level.
- Ability to deploy within the province and/or Canada for a 2 to 3 week period, as required.
- Experience and training in media relations and public speaking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Previous experience working with volunteers is required.
- Demonstrated experience in development of plans and exercises.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time.
- Preference may be given to a candidate with a background in program evaluation.
- Valid driver’s license with willingness to travel within province. Ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Access to a vehicle is mandatory.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC) is required.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification is required.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond only to those we wish to interview.
To apply for this position, click here