Save the Children’s U.S. Programs and Advocacy (USPA) division partners with low-income, rural communities across the country to give children living in these underserved areas a healthy start, the best possible opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
USPA is seeking a full-time, highly-motivated Coordinator based in Berea, KY, to support operations in our Rural Education programs in Kentucky and West Virginia, reporting to the Director of Program Implementation (KY/ WV). This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in furthering their skills and experience in nonprofit development and government relations.
The Coordinator supports operations for the rural education field teams in KY and WV, and is responsible for maintaining the overall cohesive day-to-day operations, including asset management and inventories, GIK logistics, and fleet / facilities for the rural education field teams.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
Kentucky Out-of-School Alliance (KYOSA) Operations (50%)
- Support the KYOSA Director and KYOSA Senior Leadership Team (KYOSA-SLT) in all operational aspects of growing the coalition while both meeting the requirements of STC internal systems/protocols and focusing on operational excellence.
- Maintain social media sites for KYOSA to ensure a consistent and professional message is delivered effectively across all platforms.
- Update the KYOSA website as needed, including membership, training, calendars, etc.
- Create marketing materials, calls to action, and other KYOSA publications with guidance and vision from Director.
- Navigate vendors, consultants, and member partners through STC internal protocols / systems to ensure compliance and prompt payments.
- Provide administrative support to Director and Chair on matters relating to KYOSA-SLT and Work Group Meetings (calls, agenda items, follow up, etc.).
- Collect data and other information needed to support grant applications, fundraising, and other efforts.
Asset Management / Gifts in Kind / Logistics (40%)
- Record and receive GIK shipments to include coordinating logistics and timing, as well as accurately completing all necessary donor paperwork.
- Coordinate partner allocations and pick-up schedules.
- Prepare and maintain accurate monthly and annual inventory of GIK. Ensure accurate tracking of goods and compliance with established internal controls.
- Support office purchasing and procurement. Ensure procurement and other policies are followed at all times.
- Coordinate all information, documentation and invoices for vendors, consultants, and agreements.
- Assist with office purchasing needs as well as large purchases for multiple partner locations.
- Support company credit card usage and processes, to include purchasing and monitoring balances to meet team needs. Submit monthly reconciliation reports.
- Liaise with Operations Specialist to support and maintain local operational processes. Adapt best practices to meet the local and remote needs of the field teams.
- Oversee fleet vehicle operations to ensure readiness of the vehicles and safety of the staff.
- Maintain driver and vehicle tracking (check-out procedures, mileage, driver statistics, etc.) as required.
- Collect and maintain driver information including drivers’ license information, driver safety handbook acknowledgements, etc.
- Follow maintenance procedures to ensure routine maintenance is performed in a timely manner to meet safety standards.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Provide operational support as needed to ensure the maintenance and safety of the facility.
Other Duties (10%)
- Provide overall meeting support and logistics.
- Maintain calendars, schedule and coordinate meetings, and document meetings as needed.
- Arrange accommodations, catering, and other applicable services as needed for events.
- Support logistics needs for VIP visits.
- Serve as back-up Child Safeguarding Focal Point.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned to support operational excellence for KY and WV rural education operations.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience
- High School diploma or Technical/Vocational Degree
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of additional office skills (video conferencing, live meeting set-up, travel, etc.)
- Able to lift up to 25lbs
- Strong written and verbal communications, operational and organizational skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.