The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Coordinator, Volunteer Experience and Engagement. Reporting to the Manager, Volunteer Engagement & Experience in BC & Yukon, this position works with the program and service staff to build volunteer capacity across programs and services. The incumbent builds a team of volunteers across BC & Yukon to participate in volunteer sourcing. They participate in setting goals and implementing plans to ensure accountability for volunteer sourcing.
- Recruits, trains, supports and directs volunteers and program staff to carry out volunteer sourcing activities.
- Builds and maintains community profiles to identify volunteer sourcing opportunities and target audiences.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Volunteer Engagement & Experience, adapt national strategies and tools towards a targeted volunteer recruitment approach for identified communities and volunteer profiles.
- With the Manager, Volunteer Engagement & Experience reviews various measures and reports from VRS to understand the success of the applied sourcing approach and adapt as needed.
- Source, engage, train and support local volunteers to carry out sourcing activities in targeted areas using recruitment tool kits.
- Keeps program and service team members, Senior Leadership, VRS and other partners informed of the progress, opportunities and challenges of sourcing and outreach activities.
- Includes some basic office administrative activities to ensure smooth operation of facility.
Education and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for this position include post secondary education in volunteer management, social sciences, human resources or community development, a minimum of three years’ experience in a related field, including experience with public speaking and presenting to large groups, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
- Professionalism, credibility and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and establish and manage productive internal and external relationships
- Innovation and personal accountability
- Strong customer service orientation and planning, organization, priority setting and negotiation skills to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Demonstrated competency in building, leading and working collaboratively with volunteer teams
- Computer and numerical literacy, comfort working with data bases, metrics
- Fluency (speaking, reading and writing) in English
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Fluency in another language
- Certification in or working towards a certification in Volunteer Management (CVA)
- Experience working within a virtual team environment
- Previous Canadian Red Cross experience and knowledge is considered a strong asset
- Work is mostly performed in an office environment.
- Travel within the region to conduct outreach activities.
- Ability to work non-traditional and longer hours at times
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
Please apply for this position here