Join the Canadian Red Cross’ Street Fundraising Team!
We are looking for out-going and enthusiastic personalities who are driven and self-motivated. You will be working in a diverse team to connect with the public and inform them about the humanitarian programs that the Red Cross undertakes in Canada and abroad.
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Flexibility: alternative work arrangement for those “life happens moments”.
- Meaningful Work: you will be making decisions and developing strategy that will create an impact at a global level
Who you are:
- You are a leader– you inspire and motivate others
- You are adaptive– you can shift gears from deeply complex strategy discussions to rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- You are creative and an innovator– you are on the cutting edge of talent acquisition, you know how to create a buzz and are constantly experiment and implementing new methods
- You are an orchestrator of change– you tap into your creative instincts to find opportunities for improvement, you know how to create buy in and you focus on results
- You are a strong communicator– you are able to adapt your communication style to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization
- You are an analyst– you are highly data driven, process focused, a critical thinker and a problem solver
Your job is to inspire public to sign up for regular donations. Your efforts will allow someone a better tomorrow.
We are an employer who values the work of our employees and volunteers and recognizes contribution to our Society.
We are committed to developing all our staff to their full potential, always eager to help you grow your skill set with on-going, on the job training.
There are regular opportunities for progression within the team for those who have shown they are hard-working and committed.
Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven ability to influence others
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Fundraising or sales experience
- 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, shift 10am-6pm
- Working outdoors year-round at different locations in the Greater Vancouver Area
- Working with a team
- Potential for occasional overnight trips
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
This is an open posting and will remain advertised until all positions are filled. Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The Canadian Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $18.00 /hour