We are developing a suite of integrated data and communication systems that provide powerful tools to help manage emergency interventions where speed and intelligence save lives. The product is a cloud-based emergency management solution, used by municipalities and governments to assist populations before, during and after disasters.
Are you a seasoned Software Developer looking to take your career to a next level and make a real impact at the same time ?
As a Manager, Software Developer you will manage an agile, continuous-delivery team. You will collaborate with designers, architects, Project Managers and Quality Assurance specialists to help deliver product capabilities and features on our ground-breaking, cloud-based product – Emergency Management Information System (EMIS). You will be working to develop brand new cloud-first solutions including the integration and automation of related infrastructure products; you get to work with cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
You will enjoy:
- Culture : an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity : to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
- Meaningful Work: you will be creating technological innovations that support emergencies and save lives
In this r ole you will:
- Develop features for new cloud-based solutions, focused on quality and efficiency, as a part of an agile development team
- Manage Software Development team to engineer, scale, and optimize systems for the Emergency Management market
- Structure, build and lead a highly effective team of in-house software developers. Manage, inspire, develop and hold the team accountable to deliver results, share best practices internally, benchmark externally and scale and grow their skills and impact
- Work in collaboration with People Services for workforce planning, recruitment, training and all other stages of employee lifecycle
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Contribute to the software engineering strategy and development, operation, and maintenance of the solutions.
- Work with development and product management teams to define user story acceptance criteria, break down complex stories into tasks, develop estimates, plan and deliver solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on all aspects of process design and development
- Apply quality assurance methods in all aspects of software development
- Responsible for participating in design review and code inspections
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a minimum 8 years’ experience in full-stack development or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lead a team. Previous experience leading a Software Development Team is desired
- Expertise in UI-UX with technologies such as Vue.js, React, Bootstrap, HTML, CSS and JSON;
- Expertise in Web Services using C#, ASP.NET using Visual Studio;
- Experience developing cloud hosted applications with exposure to production deployments on IaaS
- Experience with DevOps tooling for development (e.g. Docker, Vagrant), orchestration (Kubernetes or Docker Swarm etc) and deployment (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, AWS Cloudformation, Terraform) etc.
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated experience coding complex software
- French and English language capabilities (oral and written)
This is a full-time office-based position in Montréal, Québec.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.