Are you looking for an opportunity to:
- Spend your days working for an organization that helps millions of people around the world every year?
- Work with a passionate, high functioning team that works hard, has fun and likes to laugh?
- Help redefine the Volunteer Experience for thousands of volunteers across the country?
The Canadian Red Cross is looking for a Manager, Volunteer Transformation Project to join its Volunteer Experience and Engagement team based in Ottawa.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
Meaningful Work: you will make decisions and support strategy that will create an impact at a global level
In this role you will:
- Responsible for conceiving and conducting volunteer research, interviews and surveys, translating them into program outputs, sitemaps for volunteer portal, user flows, volunteer journey maps and related tools
- Support project team with design and overall functionality of technology to ensure a great volunteer experience
- Design and deliver volunteer stories and journeys for the program
- Make design and volunteer-experience recommendations, and decisions on new functions and features related to Volunteer Engagement operating model
- Able to resolve volunteer pain points and problem solving through the application of a volunteer-centered design approach
- Work collaboratively with the Project team to identify design problems and their related impacts
- Remain abreast of changing needs of volunteers and trends in the non-profit industry
- Under the direction of the Sr. Director Volunteer Experience and Engagement, develop volunteer journey map and related suite of tools, align to future-state processes and system development
- Work with appropriate internal stakeholders to review and approve tools and standards through facilitating effective communication to build consensus with internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate processes to determine where automatization can best support user-experience for Volunteer engagement, with a focus on new technology
- Ensure that future state systems, technology and tracking are established to support reporting requirements for various stakeholder audiences
- Present solutions into decision papers for approval
- Facilitate program vision through research and give support to other team members with conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences
- Ensures and supports coherence, standards and consistency in the service and initiatives across provinces and client groups as appropriate
We’re looking for:
- University Degree or equivalent or equivalent education and experience (Business administration, Human Resources Management
- Minimum of five to seven years of relevant experience including in HR, VR or operations
- Minimum of five years program development experience and/or proven business analysis experience
- IIBA CBAP, PMI PBA, Prince 2, PMI PMP certification is an asset
- Non-profit organization experience is an asset
- Three or more years of User Experience (UX) design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of responsive design
- Experience in the volunteer management business domain
- Experience in facilitation including virtual workshop leadership is preferred
- Experience with operational planning, mapping processes and developing tools to support business operations
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical capacity, and consultative skills
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete volunteer experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Ability to function effectively in a matrix environment balancing the expectations and needs of multiple stakeholders
- Clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking
Most of the work is performed in a home environment with the occasional requirement to work additional or non-traditional hours to meet project deadlines or during disaster response time.
This position is Canada flexible, with the ability to work from home as the primary workspace. Some travel across Canada may be required for meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided). The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply to this position, click here