The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a humanitarian organization, is seeking an Officer, Community Partnership Programs to join our Canadian Operations Programs team. This is a unique opportunity to work with a world recognized brand, shape the culture of the Canadian Red Cross (CRC) and to put your passion for program management to work for vulnerable people across the country.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Partnerships Programs (CPP), the Canadian Red Cross provides grant funding to community organizations in Canada for projects to support the relief, recovery and resilience-building of communities impacted by emergencies and/or disasters.
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Meaningful Work: have an impact at the individual and community level across Canada with the opportunity to grow and learn at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Employee Benefits: comprehensive cost shared health and dental plan, and competitive vacation entitlements
- Flexibility: alternative work arrangements
Who you are:
- You are a doer – you inspire and motivate others, you are a trusted partner and excellent at external relationships management
- You are adaptive – you can rapidly shift gears from strategy and planning discussions to rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- You are a dynamic – you embrace the fast-paced environment of an organization that responds to emergencies impacting Canadians; you think strategically about how we deliver services and focus on exceptional quality
- You are a researcher and an analyst – you are highly data driven, evidence based, process focused, a critical thinker and a problem solver
- You are results-oriented – you pride yourself in getting things done; enjoy working in a team that is highly productive and you take personal initiative
In this role you will:
- Support the management of a portfolio of strategic grant partnerships.
- Contribute to drafting legal agreements and amendments for approved projects, in consultation with our Legal & Risk Services.
- Processes requests for payment or invoices by ensuring that all required documentation and approvals are in place.
- Prepare and finalize program documentation, for example memos, decision papers, budgets, reports, letters, etc.
- Provide support for grant management and monitoring across the granting life-cycle.
- Ensure the existing community partnerships process is implemented effectively.
- Actively participate in coordination meetings, internal and external, and ensure alignment with community priorities and scope of CPP and CRC recovery programming.
- Support with the day-to-day activities of all active CPP programs.
- Maintain tracking tools, logs and master project files and ensures accuracy of program and project tracking data.
- Participate in disaster planning, preparation and response, as required.
- Contribute to a healthy and safe working environment.
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-6 years of job-related work experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of post secondary education in the area of community development, international development, disaster management, or a related field will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience managing non-profit grants and partnerships.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Red Cross and the role of community-based organizations in disaster response and long-term recovery will be strongly preferred.
- Strong PMER knowledge and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; French language skills considered an asset.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office; advanced in Excel.
- Must complete a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check or Enhanced Police Information Check.
- Work location is Ottawa, ON; travel will be required.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.