The Canadian Red Cross, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as, the vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Philanthropy Associate.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Community Engagement & Corporate Partnerships, with functional reporting responsibilities to the Senior Director, Transformational Giving, the incumbent is responsible for the implementation of fundraising events, projects, initiatives and activities in the defined geographical area and as outlined in the Philanthropy channel plans in accordance with the Society’s policies and procedures.
Who you are:
- You are an internal resource – you will play a pivotal role as part of the Atlantic and National team in a coordinated and cross-functional manner to support philanthropy, administration and program support.
- You are adaptive – you can implement and execute on an integrated plan for community engagement to meet annual revenue requirements, maintain small to medium enterprise donor engagement and grow/diversify the donor base.
- You are a strong communicator – you can adapt your communication style to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization and potential funding organizations. You will activate and steward existing supporters for core Red Cross program support, as well as support disaster appeal (international and domestic) fund development activities, as required
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration.
- Flexibility: alternative work arrangements and paid time off for those “life happens” moments.
- Meaningful Work: you will be part of a team that supports Canadians within your province as well as from across the country.
- Employee Benefits: comprehensive health and dental plan, pension plan with matching contributions and competitive vacation entitlement.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of a successful Power of Humanity Awards Dinner in the province of Nova Scotia that will meet/exceed net revenue targets.
- Develop, manage and maintain a personal pipeline of small/medium enterprise and community fundraisers, achieving established fundraising targets and moving donors and prospects through identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- In collaboration with the nationwide Community Engagement Team, recruit, train and deploy community volunteers to support various retail initiatives such as the annual nationwide Walmart Campaign, and Atlantic regional campaigns.
- Complete fund development information system administration including the maintenance of project files and maintaining accurate information in our database related to donors and sponsors.
- Support the Major Giving team in Atlantic Canada (30% of the role) which includes providing support to the Senior Director, Transformational Giving, team meeting management, general administrative support and managing the major giving donor information.
- Composing and preparing donor correspondence and templated gift proposals, create new constituent records and running reports using UNITY, support the development of event invitation lists and appeal-related activities, support stewardship-related activities including liaising with donor experience team and reviewing distribution lists, update and maintain the Major Giving info site, and other duties as required.
- Provide support for Corporate Partnership activities as required.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in our communities.
We’re looking for:
The minimum qualifications for this job are a community college diploma in marketing, administration, or related field and two to three years of job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with planning, implementing and evaluating fundraising events is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English) are essential. Fluency in French would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Results-driven work ethic coupled with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience and commitment to excellence in customer service in supporting partners, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Office) and knowledge of social media applications is required.
- Previous working experience with volunteers is an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s abstract is required.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
- Raiser’s Edge experience would be considered an asset.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.