Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Change Management Adviser.
Reporting to the Program Management Office Change Management (CM) Manager, he or she works with an Organizational Change Management framework and best practices to be applied within project implementations. This will be in alignment to CRC People Services change management guidelines. The CM adviser will work with client program and support units to plan and implement change management initiatives, preparing these groups for the successful implementation of change initiatives. This includes support in stakeholder analysis, readiness assessments, project communications planning and delivery, resistance anticipation and resistance management planning, development of training strategy/plans and supporting project training delivery. He or she ensures that training aligns with business needs and CRC Learning and Development standards. He or she understands and is comfortable with Change Management principles, initiatives, methodologies, and deliverables specially Prosci methodology.
The main project he or she will be working on is an Enterprise Change Management (ECM) Deployment project. ECM is about embedding change management and building organizational capabilities and competencies by deploying change management across and throughout the organization.
- Working under the direction of the PMO Change Management Manager and in collaboration with the respective PM, assist project client/stakeholder to assess the readiness of each of their respective business/support units for the change as well as identifying change characteristics to measure project change risk
- Develop change management strategies as part of the project planning phase based on the results found during organizational readiness assessment, change characteristics assessment, and change risk assessment
- Develop and implement change management plans including communications, sponsor roadmap, coaching, resistant management, and training plan.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to integrate change management activities and deliverables including training, communications, resistance management, coaching, and sponsor roadmap plans in the project plan
- Work with project team to identify stakeholders and impacted groups
- Prepare the project team from change management perspective
- Assist project sponsor to identify and form their coalition of sponsors and prepare them for their role in the project
- Coach/mentor change leads and CRC managers in change activities supporting project implementation. Lead change management workshops for CRC management and change leads to prepare for change.
- Define frameworks for business owners to maintain the training syllabus for their respective systems
- Lead change management activities within a project but successfully transitioning ownership of the change to respective business/support teams involved
- Providing change management status reports throughout a project.
- Consult on the development of training deliverables such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), user documentation, and other system documentation.
- Assist deployment activities (producing documentation, training materials, and conducting train-the-trainer sessions)
- Proactively collect feedback, listening to employees/volunteers to anticipate resistance and understand pain points.
- Audit compliance with the new way of doing things, identifying gaps and proposing corrective measures to reinforce the change.
- Through research and best practice experience, and collaboration with CRC CM Manager, management stakeholders, design and implement organizational change management guidelines, tools and templates to support changes introduced through PMO transformation projects.
- Based on project lessons learned, review/evaluate and continuously improve/enhance change management support tools/templates and guidelines to be integrated within the PMO.
- Integrates volunteer resources within the scope of responsibilities, as required
- Participates in disaster planning, preparation and response, as required
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment
- Performs other duties, as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, Change Management, Education or related field with a minimum of 5 years relevant professional business experience in organizational change management;
- Prosci Change Management certification and experience with implementing full cycle projects using Prosci Change Management methodology
- Previous experience with implementing enterprise change management and setting up change management policies is an asset
- Previous experience with setting up a CMO is an asset
- Demonstrated experience leading senior Subject Matter Experts and front-line staff through the deployment phase of an implementation project from a Change Management perspective.
- Demonstrated project experience on leading and conducting Organizational readiness assessments including baseline and post-implementation assessments.
- Experience in supporting change management activities as part of a significant transformation project including stakeholder analysis
- Experience in communications, both internal and external, is an asset
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check.
- This position may require a satisfactory vulnerable sector check (ONLY AS REQUIRED)
- Proficient in English, both writing and spoken
- Knowledge of Prosci Change Management Methodologies, tools, and deliverables within business environments
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite
- Good business understanding of organizational issues and challenges
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid interpersonal skills with the proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment, and assess the different communications and change needs/requirements
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills.
- Creative with demonstrated ability of thinking outside the box
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Strong team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences/stakeholders including executives and senior management.
- Most of the work is performed in an office environment.
- Domestic travel may be required for up to 25% of the time.
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position. This position is flexible within Canada.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record and reference check. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.