The Program Coordinator position primarily provides support to monitoring, evaluation, learning and knowledge management activities for the Department of Hunger and Livelihoods’ (DHL) Skills to Succeed (S2S) global program, funded by an industry-leading corporate partner. The program assists deprived and at-risk youth, ages 15-24, to acquire the skills and competencies they need to get a job or build a business. We work alongside young people, local NGOs, governments, and the private sector in multiple countries (including China, Bangladesh, Mexico, Italy, Indonesia, Vietnam, and others) to design and deliver market-relevant skills training, and provide youth with valuable networks and opportunities. Through this program, we provide vocational and technical, financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and employability skills training and mentoring. We also enhance the quality and reach of job placement services that link youth with opportunities to apply new skills and improve their prospects of securing safe and decent work. As a part of this portfolio we seek opportunities to invest in and leverage digital technologies and other innovative methodologies that have the potential to help us meet our programmatic objectives.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Tasks (45%)
- Coordinate and schedule Quarterly Review Calls (QRCs) and regular MEAL Update Calls with the S2S Country Offices
- Take notes for QRCs, regular MEAL update calls and other MEAL-related meetings
- Assist in writing and producing infographics for reports, briefs, toolkits and other MEAL documentation
- Assist in collecting and processing global and country-level program data for production of bi-annual Global S2S Dashboard, bi-annual donor reports, and cross-country analysis.
- Provide support to the development and revision of Learning for Action plan for SCUS and S2S Country Offices
Knowledge Management Tasks (15%)
- Keep track of and submit quarterly DHL Knowledge Management (KM) dashboard regarding knowledge products produced by S2S
- Assist in improving and maintaining the internal S2S filing system
- Update the S2S Resource Site monthly with relevant documents that support the learning and capacity building of country teams
- Assist in other knowledge management activities, such as producing products, as needed
Communications and thought leadership (20%)
- Support and/or take lead of logistics for internal and external events by S2S, e.g. Brown Bag lunches, Annual Learning Meetings, etc.
- Under the direction of the Project Director, assist with developing, editing and publishing quarterly S2S newsletters
- Working with Project Director, set up and coordinate quarterly learning call webinars
- Maintain and update contact and mailing lists
- Assist in drafting program/country summaries, success stories, case studies, capability statements and/or briefs on priority topics and update DHL Past Performance Reference documents (PPRs) and trackers for fundraising or in support of thought leadership as needed
- Work with S2S team to develop communications assets (social media posts, articles, brochures, videos, blogs, etc.)
- Post relevant information about S2S on Save the Children’s internal workplace platform, social media, internal newsletters and various other internal and external channels
Award Management (20%)
- Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, support small awards such as hyper-designated awards, fee for service agreements and small grants.
- Help manage and update award records on AMS as needed, including updating donor reports
- Support project closures
- Coordinate donor reporting process with country offices
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience
- High School or Technical/Vocational Degree
- Proven ability to work independently and with little supervision; and also as part of a team
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and work with multi-cultural teams
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English
- Availability to occasionally work early or late during the days, and occasionally on weekends, to accommodate calls with field teams in Asia.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10% of the time.
- Experience in international development
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, economics, political science or related field
- Work experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or knowledge management
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Experience in report writing, dissemination and communication
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis software (Stata, SPSS, R, Dedoose, Atlas TI…)
- Experience in youth, education, livelihoods and/or youth employment programming
- Proficiency in Spanish, Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesian or Bengali
- Familiarity with Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) topics and activities
What’s In It for You
- Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid holidays
What makes us special!
- Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
- Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
- Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
- Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
- Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto and additional Life insurances
- Summer Fun Fridays – Early release at 1:30 pm on selected Fridays during the summer months.
- Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
- Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
- Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
- Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
- Language learning opportunities
- Continuous Improvement skill development programs
- Lunch and Learn information sharing sessions
- Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.