The Receptionist position is responsible for handling client-facing duties as well as general office management tasks.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
• Answer and direct incoming calls for the CT, KY and Washington, DC offices in a timely manner. Assist country offices and international personnel with locating headquarters staff especially in instances of emergencies or resolving other urgent issues. Work with Donor Services with communications to trouble shoot calls from donors when needed. Make announcements using the telecommunication system as needed. (85%)
• Greet, screen and direct visitors within the CT office. (5%)
• Coordinate the Reception Desk coverage for lunch, breaks, vacations and other absences; draft daily reception schedule. Train staff on the phone system and reception desk protocol as appropriate. (5%)
• Maintain safe and clean lobby area; notify appropriate departments for restocking of printed materials. Maintain security by following procedures and monitoring logbook. Maintain and update telephone database and department contact list. Perform other duties as may be required. (5%)
• Minimum 1-2 years’ relevant work experience
• High School or Technical/Vocational Degree
• Experience with multi-line phone systems
• Excellent communication and multitasking skills
• Familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Friendly, professional and have a positive attitude
• Learned knowledge and skills to support variety of routine tasks requiring some degree of difficulty
What’s In It for You
• Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
• Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• Vision Insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Commuter Benefit Program
• Vacation and Sick leave
• Paid holidays
What makes us special!
• Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
• Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
• Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
• Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
• Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto and additional Life insurances
• Summer Fun Fridays – Early release at 1:30 pm on selected Fridays during the summer months.
• Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
• Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
• Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
• Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
• Language learning opportunities
• Continuous Improvement skill development programs
• Brown Bag information sharing sessions
• Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.