The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Swimming and Water Safety Representative for the Lower Mainland and Coastal area in British Columbia in the Prevention and Safety department. Reporting to the Manager, Swimming and Water Safety, Training Partner Development, the incumbent will travel throughout the area to meet with Training Partners who deliver Red Cross swimming lessons. This position will be a resource to help foster growth and develop strong relationships with aquatic facilities and programs by providing excellent customer service.
- Establishes and maintains strategic in-person relationships with regulators, other training agencies, key Training Partners, and other Red Cross staff and volunteers, as identified in the marketing plans
- Provides orientation and training to new Training Partners
- Ensures volunteers and Training Partners are recognized and acknowledged for their contributions, by including them in Red Cross recognition programs and/or initiating special recognition when appropriate
- Uses market analysis and customer sales reports to identify top Training Partners as well as those having growth potential in a designated geographical area
- Works in partnership with the team to identify and implement strategies for capturing growth opportunities and meeting targets
- Ensures adequate leadership training is available to build capacity and accommodate growth
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Provides historical records by maintaining accurate complete records using Red Cross Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM)
Education and Experience:
The minimum requirements for this position are the completion of post secondary education in business, recreation, or a related field, one (1) to three (3) years of experience including involvement with direct sales and marketing, working with volunteers and Water Safety Instructor or Water Safety Instructor Trainer level training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and act in an advisory capacity to customers and Water Safety Instructors
- Ability to work remotely, with minimal supervision
- Strong decision making skills
- A valid provincial Class 5 driver’s licence
- Current First Aid Certification, or willingness to take training
- Fluency in a second language
- Experience working with a diverse population and an understanding of cultural issues
- Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or Instructor Trainer Certification
- Frequent travel throughout the assigned area
- Must be available to work flexible hours, based on customer needs
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check, and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
To apply for this position please click here.