The Canadian Red Cross is looking for a Senior Dynamics CRM Developer who has experience with Dynamics 365 Online, ADXStudio / CRM Portals, and Azure Solutions. Working as part of a small Agile team, you can expect a start-up like culture where you are hands-on the technical builds and involved in the software development lifecycle, including designing, developing, testing, building, maintenance and documentation. The senior developer will lead the development and work with the QA testers, while mentoring and guiding an intermediate level Dynamics developer. They will help provide solutions and strategies for new architecture, features and bug fixes while sharing knowledge of industry best practices with the other members of the team.
The Senior Dynamics CRM Developer will focus on the development and maintenance of a Dynamics CRM portal created in ADXStudio (https://myrc.redcross.ca). The ideal candidate for this role should have very good knowledge and experience with C# and the .Net framework/CLR, to help build new features and maintain a Dynamics CRM / xRM portal. They will contribute to the continuous integration of code currently held in a TFS repository and take part in code reviews and sprint ceremonies. The role requires a smart, eager developer who pays attention to detail and is flexible enough to make quick decisions, adapt to changes and provide guidance when needed. Your work will help inform, inspire, engage and motivate our growing audiences and drive usage of the portal for life-saving training and certification.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
Meaningful Work: Your work will help inform, inspire, engage and motivate our growing audiences and drive usage of the portal for life-saving training and certification.
In this role you will:
Help develop and maintain the myrc.redcross.ca portal
- Build new features and maintain / enhance the code for the portal as part of an Agile team aimed at having continuous integration across the development environments
- Analyze complex business requirements, generate technical specifications to design, redesign or maintain software components and applications
- Help build a RESTful API for allowing external consumers to pull data and internal systems to communicate using Web Api, json and swagger for documentation.
- Take ownership of the code/design and perform code reviews for the timely completion of high quality, well designed and well written code for the portal
- Responsible for completion of an acceptable volume of work and for the communication of the status of work plans and tasks to design, develop, and test assigned project work
- Work closely with QA to resolve issues and with the infrastructure (IS) team for building and deploying the code across the various development and production environments
- Maintain currency in technological trends and directions continually upgrading personal technical skills through research, education and self‑motivated experimentation
- Manage and mentor an intermediate Dynamics developer, providing them guidance and sharing knowledge of evolving industry best practices and standards
- Participate in new technology investigation and make recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals
- Participate in technical architecture reviews as required with other integrated teams
Provide support for the Dynamics and Azure Solutions system used for the portal
- Troubleshoot production issues with team members to identify and address problems
- Perform upgrades to the portal system as needed
- Help identify risks to the organization’s systems and advise on mitigation
- Help in building and integrating Azure solutions to enhance MYRC systems performance and integrations.
- Communicate with business stakeholders or the BA / Scrum Master to help resolve blocking issues and provide info on the status of work being done on the system
- Join teleconferences or video call meetings with remote stakeholders
Create meticulous documentation for the portal system
- Write concise technical documentation for the components and customizations developed for the portal
- Analyze business requirements and generate technical specifications
- Write non-technical documentation aimed at business stakeholders for portal processes and functionality
We’re looking for:
- 4+ years of C# .Net development experience for an enterprise system
- 3+ years of experience as an ADXStudio / CRM Portals Developer
- Software development experience in designing, developing and implementing applications using Microsoft Dynamics CRM (Dynamics 365 Online, CRM 2016, 2015 or 2013)
- Strong experience in software development using the Microsoft .Net framework (C#), ASP.NET, MVC, CRM SDK and web services
- Experience in working on Azure Services and Solutions like Logic App, Azure App Service, Runbook and Azure Service Bus
- Working knowledge of Scribe Insight
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exposure in the following technologies: Visual Studio, RESTful services, T-SQL, Sql Queries, SSIS/SSRS
- Sound knowledge of current information systems theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Experience with VSTS, code management, unit testing, continuous integration
- Working knowledge of GitHub or similar code repository
- In-depth knowledge of writing concise technical documentation
- Strong communication skills required for interacting with people of varying levels of technical
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and X++
- Experience mentoring and/or managing other developers (leading a team)
- Experience with additional Microsoft platforms: SharePoint integration, Azure environment provisioning, Azure B2C or Document Core Pack, PowerApp
Most of the work is performed in an office environment with the occasional requirement to work overtime hours, often with short notice. Some domestic travel may be required.
To apply for this position, click here