The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a non-profit, humanitarian organization is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance Department. This is a unique opportunity to work with a world recognized brand, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, Emergency Management, you will provide financial direction, analysis and expertise to support the CRC’s domestic emergency management programs.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
Flexibility: alternative work arrangements and paid time off for those “life happens moments”
Employee Benefits: comprehensive health and dental plan, pension plan with matching contributions and competitive vacation entitlements
Meaningful Work: the opportunity to grow and learn through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations
Who you are:
- You are a leader – you are a trusted advisor for Senior Management
- You are adaptive – you can shift gears from deeply complex strategy discussions to rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- You are a strong communicator – you can adapt your communication style to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization
- You are an analyst – you are highly data driven, process focused, a critical thinker and a problem solver
In this role you will:
- Provide cost modelling and business case development, as required, to inform internal management decisions;
- Participate in operational planning, development of annual and three-year budgets and contribute to the budget monitoring and forecasting;
- Perform detailed analytical review of actual results against budget and forecasts;
- Work closely and collaboratively with senior management of CRC emergency management programs in providing financial analysis to support recommendations for pursuing growth opportunities;
- Develop reporting standards, emphasizing key financial and non-financial metrics;
- Work collaboratively with program staff to provide financial analyses to support the value of a service, program, and process improvement;
- Perform analysis on financial data in conjunction with the financial results associated with it to aid senior management in decision making;
- Ensure all accounting procedures are compliant with Society policy, Canadian GAAP and government mandated guidelines.
- Implement and manage internal control policies and procedures.
We’re looking for:
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or a related discipline
- seven (7) years of related experience
- near completion or newly acquired professional accounting designation or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent budgeting and financial management skills.
- Demonstrated project management, planning, and implementation skills to prioritize, set, communicate, monitor and meet objectives.
- Proactive approach with strong critical thinking, business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and influencing skills
- Excellent customer service orientation to ensure effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to explain complex issues in plain language to non-experts.
- Superior organization and time management skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, global environment with multiple conflicting demands, ambiguity and changing circumstances and demonstrated positive experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team and build positive relationships as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take initiative as necessary.
- Good judgment and ability to make recommendations and support them.
- Attention to detail as well as strong analytical skills.
- Experience working directly with senior management to provide financial advice
- Experience in developing, implementing, and communicating financial policies, systems and processes.
- Must be able to successfully complete a Canadian criminal record reference check and vulnerable
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.
To apply for this position, please click here