The Specialist, Global Partnerships & Innovation will be responsible for leading and developing cultivation strategies and stewardship of existing accounts, as well as developing new partnerships through business development and acquisition strategies. The role will serve as liaison between several internal teams by demonstrating a thorough understanding of shared value and business drivers and will advance strategic corporate and organizational relationships by developing and implementing strategic partnership plans. The Specialist, Global Partnerships & Innovation is responsible for positioning Save the Children as a trusted advisor, sound investment and strategic partner to the partners/organizations in their portfolio.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Acquisition and Retention Strategy (60%)
- Support the development and execution of sponsorship acquisition and retention strategies for Corporations and organizations whose thematic and philanthropic focus aligns with our sponsorship programs in partnership with Resource Development and external partners
- Evolve and grow Save the Children’s letter writing offering through innovation, process enhancements and partnerships, coordination of events and on-site support
- Develop integrated campaigns around key moments, such as Letter Writing Day, in partnership with internal teams
- Cultivate and steward existing partnerships to ensure engagement, renewal and longevity of partnerships
- Support the expansion of sponsorship offerings, including project sponsorship and letter writing, to new and existing Member markets
- Aid in the market launch of new product offerings and help shepherd their growth both internally and externally
- Support the creation of contracts, agreements and proposals for new and existing business in partnership with Legal and Resource Development
- Develop, project manage and oversee maintenance of marketing materials pertaining to department portfolio
Account Management (30%)
- Serve as the primary contact for all corporate sponsors overseeing all aspects of account management including (but not limited to): communications, cause promotions, corporate contributions and engaging stakeholders
- Facilitate all servicing and administration needs of Corporate and Foundation partnerships as well as Individual Philanthropic Giving donors including account setup, maintenance and change in status
- Develop key performance indicators and lead monitoring and reporting for said partnerships
- Oversee delinquency management for all corporate accounts in an effort to recapture payments and support continuation of revenue to programs
- Responsible for maintaining all reporting and coding requirements of the partnerships
- Support corporate sponsorship workspace within Agency database (CRM BBEC)and project manage implementation of any changes needed in BBEC to optimize account support, reporting and analytics
- Maintain clear tracking mechanisms for departmental activities, including status of partnerships, delinquencies and deliverable schedules and develop best practice cadence for reporting out to internal stakeholders
- Provide ROI analysis on individual partnerships to ensure parity of donor satisfaction and organizational LOE
- Perform other duties as may be required
- You have a minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working collaboratively to bring people together across teams, organizations and/or functions
- Energetic, enthusiastic, relationship builder
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience executing multi-channel campaigns (on line, print, phone, digital)
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solver and decision-maker
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure on a number of competing tasks
- Excellent presentation skills, as well as strong ability to convey technical information to donors and staff
- Energetic, organized, creative professional who can work independently and as a team player
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10% domestically
- Bachelor’s degree Experience in donor and project management making sound recommendations for cultivation/stewardship strategy with strong communication and inter-personal skills is preferred
Why you should join the Save the Children Team
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.