The primary purpose of this position is to collobrate in the development, growth, strategy and execution of the telemarketing and SMS marketing programs; with a primary focus on supporting our overall mission for children and working towards an annual telemarketing and SMS revenue of $1 million across the agency. This position will manage all resources necessary to successfully deploy agency telemarketing and SMS campaigns on-time and within budget. In addition, crticial to success of the position is identifying and pursuing opportunities for improvement and optimization to ensure that all supporters are being cultivated and stewarded to their highest levels of giving and that all channels are being maximized; specifically outbound telemarketing & SMS.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Campaign Management: (30%)
- Oversee execution of telemarketing and SMS campaigns to support mission support fundraising, sponsorship, recurring donor and emergency fundraising.
- Develop campaign-level and overall segmentation strategies for telemarketing and SMS programs.
- Responsible for the day-to-day development and implementation of the outbound telemarketing & SMS campaigns to upgrade donors to sustainers, raise mission support revenue by converting one time donors to multi-donors.
- Manage relationships with external partners for Telemarketing & SMS
- Act as main liaison with internal stakeholders; gather goals and objectives of all outbound telemarketing & SMS campaigns and provide notifications of campaign status, as well as results and recommendations
- Ownership of brand review board process by acting as lead contact and knowledge base for approvals for outbound telemarketing and SMS campaigns
- Work with development and integration teams the ensure phone data is captured according to best practices and that we are optimizing those we can reach out through phone.
- Lead campaign meetings including campaign kick-off, creative strategy and campaign results for outbound telemarketing & SMS
- Responsible for the management and optimization of the welcome and retention email engagement streams: Lead Generation, One Time Donor, Recurring Donor, Sponsorship and Mid-Level Giving.
- Provide support to the email marketing team and act as back-up if necessary.
Strategy & Planning (30%):
- Utilize specialized knowledge of telemarketing and SMS marketing to manage complex tasks, programs and projects
- Identify and pursue opportunities to optimize telemarketing & SMS channels to continue to grow both programs
- Responsible for convening working groups and steering groups; managing project timelines, schedule and resources; and developing and monitoring KPIs
- Identify new revenue sources through innovative outbound telemarketing and mobile partnerships and manage existing relationships
Program Analysis & Evaluation: (20%)
- Develop reports to benchmark and measure effectiveness of telemarketing and SMS marketing programs
- Monitor key performance indicators (revenue, expense, and specific phone & SMS metrics) to ensure tracking according to plan
- Responsible for individual campaign performance results and analysis
- Identify supporter, subscriber, and engagement trends utilizing data extracted from various sources
- Report monthly and yearly budget updates to key stakeholders
Emergency Fundraising: (10%)
- Responsible for developing emergency fundraising strategies and segmentation recommendations; oversee execution of emergency telemarketing & SMS campaigns.
- Expected to work after work hours or on weekends, on occasion, to support high-priority emergency response for telemarketing & SMS programs.
- Oversee payment processing of all outbound telemarketing and SMS invoices, including coding and submission to Accounts Payable; act as main point of contact for invoice processing matters.
- Work with internal stakeholders to monitor and track spending; acquire statement of work agreements on behalf of internal stakeholders for new telemarketing & SMS requests, when necessary
- Support Director and AVP on other projects, as needed and perform other duties as may be required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ business experience
- High School or Technical/Vocational Degree
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of telemarketing and SMS
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to perform quality control and proofreading tasks
- Ability to work under pressure on a number of competing tasks
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PC applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications or degree in related field
- Non-profit experience
What’s In It for You
- Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid holidays
What makes us special!
- Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
- Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
- Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
- Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
- Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto and additional Life insurances
- Summer Fun Fridays – During the summer months, early release at 1:30 pm every other Friday!
- Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
- Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
- Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
- Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
- Language learning opportunities
- Continuous Improvement skill development programs
- Brown Bag information sharing sessions
- Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.