The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a non-profit, humanitarian organization is seeking a Training Coordinator to join our Learning and Development Team. This is a unique opportunity to work with a world recognized brand, shape the culture of the Canadian Red Cross (CRC), and to put your passion for training and development to work for vulnerable people across the world.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning Solutions Delivery, Emergency Management, the Training Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of all training initiatives that support the BC and Yukon Emergency Management program. The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of all training, exercises, workshops, and conferences within Western Canada. They are also responsible for tracking, monitoring and reporting on trainings and workshops, as well as, supporting the training facilitators and volunteer teams. When necessary duties may include support to disaster responses
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Meaningful Work: you will be part of a team that supports Canadians within your province as well as from across the country.
In this role you will:
- Assesses, plans for and implements a learning plan that addresses workforce planning objectives and ensures that program personnel have the skills and knowledge required to perform their assigned responsibilities, including response to personal and community disasters
- Develops and maintains learning program administrative processes and procedures in support of program delivery
- Identifies target learners and forecasts the number of classes, participants, facility location, timing, session counts, and general course planning
- Coordinate, maintain and prepare course schedules, attendance sheets, records and all necessary course logistics.
- Compile, distribute and monitor completion of all pre-course materials in a timely manner
- Collect and report on learner satisfaction data for learning solutions
- Ensures prompt response to program client inquiries
- Identifies, assesses and analyses gaps in current learning solutions through systematic evaluation of participant confidence in skills acquired and instructor feed back.
- Maintain facilitator files including current qualifications and annual reviews
- Monitor performance of facilitator teams
- Establish and maintain facilitator teams within geography to support operational objective
- Trains, assign work to and supervises the work of support volunteers, conducting performance reviews according to policies and procedures.
- Engages volunteers and staff in learning projects on an on-going basis and provide evaluation/feedback for each project assignment completed.
- Contributes to the development of a departmental operational plan and budget to achieve operational objectives, and develops and manages unit budget (i.e.: forecasting, monitoring, approving and reporting on expenditures).
- Participates in disaster planning, preparation, and response, as required.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties, as required.
We’re looking for:
- University degree or community college diploma in one or more of the following disciplines; adult education, volunteer management, or a related field.
- Minimum three (3) years experience at a community-based program level, with demonstrated experience in relationship management and relationship development.
- Fluency (speaking, reading and writing) in English and French is a definite asset.
- Analytic and problem-solving skills to develop strategies, identify gaps, and implement program solutions.
- Adaptable and innovative approach to planning and operations.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask with considerable attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and think through next steps / prioritize items to complete
- Interpersonal skills and sensitivity to interact effectively and build on-going relationships with small and large groups of volunteers, staff, and external partners.
- Knowledge of computer software for the development of project plans, presentations, documents, records management, web sites, and multimedia content.
- Knowledge of program planning and budgeting processes.
- Must be able to successfully complete an Enhanced Police Information check.
- Current First Aid & CPR certification or willingness to take training
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process
To apply for this position, click here