In accordance with the policies and practices of the Canadian Red Cross, Personal Support Workers provide care and support to seniors allowing them to stay in their homes. Duties include: personal assistance and care, light housekeeping, meal preparation and laundry.
- Provide personal assistance and care to clients
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Perform other duties as require
The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused.
- Demonstrates fundamental abilities to participate as a member of the core/support team:
- Carries out tasks, accept assignments, completes assignments
- Time Management skills – plan work load, balances multiple demands
- Follows Care Plan
- Does not exceed the boundary of the therapeutic/professional relationship
- Acknowledges limitations, keeps within role and knowledge base (scope of practice)
- Demonstrates acceptable work habits:
- Dependable, punctual
- Able to manage stress
- Accepts suggestions
- Interacts well with others
- Maintains professional appearance
- Maintains confidentiality of information about clients, caregiver/family and the Canadian Red Cross
- The work is principally performed in the residencies of the clients where conditions may vary, located throughout P6A.
The successful candidate for this position must be available to work within a shift model.
This is a general overview of the position and other duties may be added per Canadian Red Cross and Assisted Living Policies and Procedures.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
To apply for this position, click here