Responsibility 1. Client Service
Responsibility 2. Volunteer Management
- Ensures that client service objectives and targets are met.
- Responsible for receiving, processing and tracking clients service requests, meeting Red Cross standards for timeliness and quality.
- Liaises with Equipment Supply and Partner Services staff regarding customized orders and equipment issues.
- Responds to program-specific and generic enquiries from clients, health professionals and the general public.
- Receives and responds to complaints regarding service provision.
- Trains, mentors, and supervises support staff in Client Service Support, as required.
Responsibility 3. Program Administration
- Liaises with Volunteer Experience and Engagement Coordinator in ensuring adequate complement of HELP volunteers
- Leads volunteer engagement initiatives in an assigned geographic area
- Selects, coaches and monitors Lead Client Service volunteers in their role as volunteer supervisors.
- Ensures HELP Client Service volunteers are effectively screened, trained, recognized, and supervised.
- In the absence of Lead Client Service volunteer, schedules volunteers at service sites to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Oversees the administration of volunteer records including training records.
- Ensures the implementation of national and HELP–specific volunteer management policies and processes.
- Nominates HELP volunteers for internal and external awards.
- Responds to enquiries and requests from Client Service volunteers
- Oversees volunteer treasurers and ensures financial policies/procedures are followed in client service sites.
- Provides input tothe development and monitoring of client service expense budgets.
- Compiles and provides program statistics as required.
- Tracks financial donations at selected sites, advises on progress to target, and initiates corrective action when required.
- Coordinates the provision of office supplies and printed materials to client service sites.
- Contributes relevant, current content to provincial HELP web page.
- Provides updated program information to external sources (i.e. resource directories, websites)
- Integrates volunteer resources within the scope of responsibilities, as required.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties, as required.
The minimum qualifications for this job are completion of a 2-year post-secondary diploma in a related field, and a minimum of 2 years` experience in volunteer management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A valid BC Driver’s License is required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Client service experience
- Knowledge and experience working in health programs
- Experience in working with a diverse population and an understanding of cultural issues
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Frequent travel around the region is required.
Please apply for this position here