Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Scheduler/Dispatcher.
Within the Transportation Department, and under the direction of the Supervisor of the Schedulers, the Transportation Scheduler is responsible for ensuring that service coordination related to clients, community partners, co-workers and the Transportation Program are provided in accordance with the Red Cross' mission statement. Supports the day-to-day operation of the Transportation Program in Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand, Brant.
Responsibility 1 – Service Coordination
Responsibility 2 – Information Management
- Documents detailed notes into Trapeze and/or CIMS, accurate recording and follow through with special circumstances
- Creates the most efficient routing and schedules drives to obtain maximum usage of vehicles and volunteer/staff availability
- Identifies service availability in a timely manner and communicates to client within acceptable timeframe
- Screens potential clients for eligibility to access the program according to established policies and procedures referring non-eligible persons to other services
- Completes required client documentation, creating and updating confidential files as necessary.
- Assists with resolution of situations involving clients.
- Manages driver availability in an organized fashion, able to adjust service with time sensitive requests
- Able to review schedules and identify difficulties or technical errors with arranged service
Responsibility 3 – Customer Service
- Maintains client waiting list and follows up with clients in a timely and efficient manner
- Provides statistical reporting, verify integrity of data as requested
- Ensures accidents/incidents are reported and recorded according to established policies and practices.
- Ensures that proper coding is used for both Scheduling (Trapeze software) and Billing
- Accurately records service hours, service changes, time and kilometres into billing database (Client Information Management System –CIMS)
- Provides exceptional customer service in accordance with all policies and procedures
- Respond to client inquiries, requests and concerns always in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner
- Communicates all pertinent program information to clients, drivers and other agencies. Communicates concerns/requirement expressed by clients, drivers, volunteers and community referral sources, refers problem situations to senior staff.
- Provides assistance with training when required and assists volunteers with the resolution of problems involving clients, service and activity providers
- Ensures all requests are responded to and escalated when required
- Follows all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
The minimum qualifications for this job are one to two (1-2) years of post secondary education and one to three (1-3) years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Working knowledge of Scheduling Systems/Databases.
- Customer Service experience is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow.
- Experience in a fast-paced and team oriented environment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including participation in a shift schedule rotation
Duties are principally conducted at the Hamilton Office of the Canadian Red Cross. Periodic travel to other branches in western Ontario may be required. While most of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable, from time to time you may be asked to transport vehicles. The work will require shift work between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6 PM.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided). The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply for this position here