Do you want to make a difference?
Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking an Assistant, Community Services.
Within the Sarnia branch Community Health & Wellness department, and reporting to the Assistant Manager, Community Health & Wellness, the successful candidate will provide administrative and clerical assistance with the co-ordination of local programs of the Red Cross, which serve the vulnerable sector of our community. These programs include Transportation and Meals on Wheels.
- Responds to inquiries regarding programs and services offered by the Red Cross providing information and assistance;
- Scheduling and dispatch for Transportation;
- Directs callers to other community agencies or information sources where appropriate;
- Responds to inquiries regarding the program, assessing client eligibility for service as per policy and procedure;
- Creates client and driver files, inputting information into database and updating on a regular basis;
- Responds to inquiries and assesses eligibility of prospective clients;
- Enters client information into database, updating as required;
- Integrates volunteer resources within the job’s scope of responsibility;
- Follows all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment;
- Performs other duties as required.
The minimum qualifications for this position are 1 to 2 years of post-Secondary School formal education and between one and three years job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Other skills and assets include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Customer Service experience is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow.
- Experience in a fast-paced and team oriented environment.
Duties are principally conducted in an office setting in a comfortable and friendly environment, located at the Sarnia branch. Hours of work are based on 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday. The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work period, some evening and weekend work may be required. Domestic travel within the Sarnia-Lambton region may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties may submit their application by applying on the Canadian Red Cross Online Career Website
by midnight EST on July 18, 2019.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided.) The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.
To apply for this position, please click here