Save the Children‘s U.S. Rural Education programs help children in low-income, rural communities become kindergarten ready and achieve grade-level reading and math proficiency by third grade. We employ diverse strategies to achieve this including home visits, play groups, in-school tutoring, out-of-school time programming, summer enrichment, family engagement, community events and more. Some of our program information is currently stored in a large, complex relational database called SCORE. The Specialist, Data Management and Reporting will become one of the ‘go to’ people for analysis of our SCORE data. In addition, the Specialist, Data Management and Reporting will develop strategies to help us collect, manage, analyze, and report survey and program data not currently collected in SCORE. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves wrangling complex data and thinking creatively about how to use off-the-shelf software to make data entry, management and reporting accurate and efficient. The new position will be on U.S. Programs Monitoring and Evaluation team and will work closely with our IT team.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
The Specialist, Data Management and Reporting will be supporting Save the Children’s Rural Education Monitoring and Evaluation Team with a broad range of tasks including:
- Analysis and reporting support for our large, longitudinal program database (30%)
- Configuring & maintaining online data collection and reporting tools (30%)
- Developing online dashboards (20%)
- Training non-technical staff to use online tools (10%)
- Other duties as assigned (10%)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in data analysis and working with relational databases
- experience using statistical/data analysis software such as Stata. SPSS, R, SQL, etc.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBi or other online dashboard tool
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience responding to requests for calculations and creating regular data reports
- Experience learning and configuring online data collection/storage/reporting software
- detail oriented and strategic, big-picture thinker
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities
- High School or Technical/Vocational Degree
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
- Monitoring & evaluation experience
- Experience implementing FERPA-compliant data handling protocols
- Experience working with education and child/youth program data
- Statistical analysis skills
- SQL Programmer
- Bachelors or equivalent degree