The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Data Analyst, in our National Donation Processing Centre.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Donation Processing & Analytics, or their designate, the incumbent analyzes and supports all processes within the Donation Processing team, which includes, but is not limited to the analysis and reconciliation of donor data to the bank, import and enter gift information into the Philanthropy system / AX, analyze data integrity in the Philanthropy / AX system, as well as act as a liaison with internal Stakeholders and External 3rd Party Payment Gateways / Providers.
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
- Flexibility: alternative work arrangements and paid time off for those “life happens moments”.
- Employee Benefits: comprehensive health and dental plan, pension plan with matching contributions and competitive vacation entitlement.
In this role, you will:
We are looking for:
- Support the analysis and reconciliation of Donation Revenue for all Philanthropy Channels.
- Analyze, identify, and research any discrepancies; ensures correcting entries are captured.
- Analyze accounting backup for any relational gifts received, assign gift allocations for deposit and prepare gifts for entry into the Philanthropy system.
- Assist/Prepares and process Monthly donor’s biweekly Credit Card (CC) and Direct-Debit (DD) transmissions for each Philanthropy Database, ensuring data integrity.
- Perform Batch Postings in the Philanthropy system to create a CSV file to import into General Ledger (GL), in a timely and consistent manner.
- Prepare official tax receipts for all gifts (donations), in accordance with internal and Revenue Canada Guidelines.
- Import Recurring Gift Plans and/or First Cash Gifts to database, and verifiy batch totals to bank reconciliation prior to batch committal.
- Enter payment information along with donor details, paying special attention to details concerning changes to or addition of new record.
- Liaison with Internal Stakeholders and External 3rd Party Payment Gateways and Providers by monitoring, addressing and responding to various queries that are sent in..
- Employees and Volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond only to those we wish to interview.
- The minimum qualifications for this position are completion of post-secondary education with 2 – 3 years of Accounting experience. Or, an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with strong Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and routine problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills reflected in the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, French is considered an asset, effective interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check.
To apply for this position, please click here.