The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as, the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Specialized Equipment Technician.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Specialized Equipment, and in accordance with the Society's policies and procedures, the incumbent is responsible for assisting in the effective operation of the Health Equipment Loans Program (Specialized Equipment) in Nova Scotia. This includes the proper and thorough rebuilding, repair, service and maintenance of specialized equipment.
You will enjoy:
In this role, you will:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
- Opportunity: to work with the best and the brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration.
- Meaningful Work: you will be part of a team that supports Canadians within your provinces as well as from across the country.
We are looking for:
- Perform thorough examination, rebuilding, repair, service and maintenance of specialized health care equipment.
- Maintains records on loans, returns, inventory, statistics, equipment repairs in accordance with HELP program procedures and policies.
- Maintains inventory records, compiles monthly statistics, and orders all new stock equipment for Specialized Equipment Program.
- Generate loans for newly recycled equipment; update description of equipment in the computer inventory and inputting new barcodes into the inventory system as needed.
- Support to Community-HELP program with cleaning/disinfecting tasks as well as maintenance of equipment as required.
- Assists all technical staff with various responsibilities within the workshop environment.
- Employees and Volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the vulnerable in the community.
The minimum qualifications for this position is a high school diploma, relevant mechanical experience, and a minimum of two (2) years of safe driving experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates that are able to provide documentation of appropriate mechanical training courses.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Although we thank all who applied, we will only be in contact for interviews.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting capabilities (documented completion of mechanical training courses is ideal).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s abstract is required.
- Able to do heavy lifting (50lbs to 100lbs).
- A satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector check are required.
- Demonstrated experience in a work order shop environment (e.g., vehicle repair and maintenance) is an asset.
- Experience with seniors, cognitively impaired and physically disabled clients is an asset.
- Familiarity with computers and inventory control systems is a definite asset.
- Previous WHIMIS and Occupational Health and Safety training is considered an asset.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification is required.
To apply for this position, click here