The Canadian Red Cross is looking for a Senior Communications Manager – Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Senior Communications Manager, is overall responsible for developing, directing and executing internal and external communications strategy in support of Canadian Red Cross operations in Saskatchewan. This includes media relations, issues management and stakeholder engagement to help to build and execute strategic communications plans and initiatives that support our organizational growth in revenue, awareness and engagement.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter and able to work in an environment with ambiguity
- You are supportive, and productive team member, and preferably can demonstrate a high level of flexibility.
You will enjoy:
an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
managing the communications team that provides support for our operations in Saskatchewan.
In this role you will:
We’re looking for:
- Shape strategy and develop content for internal and external audiences to further the positive reputation of the Canadian Red Cross.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team in Saskatchewan to keep the team abreast of communication strategies, issues and priorities and provide communications advice.
- Anticipate, mitigate and manage issues affecting the reputation of the organization, with various stakeholders including government, beneficiaries, internal/external clients, and the general public.
- Lead the development and execution of proactive strategies to drive positive traditional media coverage, as well as further brand interaction via digital and social media.
- Work closely with the Vice President, Saskatchewan to support the development and implementation of a government relations strategy.
- Act as the Communications lead during a Provincial disaster response.
- Minimum a University degree in communications, journalism or public relations with 7 to 9 years of job-related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing organizational priorities through proactive government relations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous media relations experience.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Versatility in both tactical execution and strategy development.
- A “team player” who can lead by example, with high accountability for his/her actions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management, across multiple functions and departments.
- Understanding of Indigenous issues and relationships.
- Strong presentation and communications skills.
- Outstanding judgment, with a balance of confidence, maturity, professionalism and high energy.
- Experience in strategic communications, issues management and effective external media response.
- Adaptability and comfort with change.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Office work is performed in typical office environment.
- Ability to work non-traditional and longer hours often on short notice especially during times of emergency response.
- Domestic travel is required.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
To apply for this position, click here