Grow your career while making an impact at Diabetes Canada!
Today, 11 million Canadians live with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Current growth rates mean that young people at age 20 face a 1 in 2 lifetime risk of developing the condition. To stem the tide of this epidemic, Diabetes Canada is raising its sights to deliver impact at a population level by advocating for healthy public policy, driving exceptional diabetes care, promoting research towards a cure, and enhancing our digital delivery consistent with the needs of those we serve today and the desires of our donors.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the effective processing of the payroll function, T4 preparation and related government reporting on a national basis. Reporting to the Manager, Payroll, this position will also ensure that payroll policies and procedures are being followed and that they comply with all audit and legislative requirements.
Highlights of the Role
- Responsible for the preparation of bi-weekly salaried and hourly payrolls for all regions across Canada which includes union employees.
- Ensure that payroll is submitted on a timely basis adhering to relevant employment and labour legislation.
- Process and monitor all staffing changes including new hires, leaves, transfers, salary adjustments, terminations, and other changes in accordance with legislative requirements, collective agreements and company standards.
- Recommend and implement changes for procedures to improve productivity and streamline operations.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including timely remittance of statutory payments (Income Tax, EI, CPP and Employer Health Tax, etc).
- Ensure efficient year-end reporting including: T4 preparation, filing and distribution, preparation of various reports/forms required from federal and provincial government departments.
- Create various bi-weekly, monthly and annual reports to ensure consistency throughout the organization(s) as required. This may include using report writer to prepare reports for various stakeholders and departments.
The ideal candidate for this position will have/demonstrate:
- 5 or more years’ experience managing a National Payroll (all provinces) in a unionized environment with multiple collective agreements for over 800 hourly and salaried staff.
- Work experience in a not-for-profit environment considered a strong asset.
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, phone and electronic).
- Strong and proven MS Excel skills.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (ideally Ceridian Dayforce), including Ceridian Insync Blue.
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- A meaningful role in an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to #EndDiabetes.
- A rewarding career for you and a chance to be a member of a high-performing team with highly skilled colleagues.
- We offer a competitive salary and learning opportunities to develop new skills.
About the Application Process
- To apply, submit cover letter with resume
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.