Southlake Regional Health Centre
Located in the heart of York Region, Southlake is a full-service hospital with a regional, clinically advanced focus. As a regionally designated site, Southlake is responsible for developing and providing advanced levels of care to the more than 1.5 million people who reside in York Region, Simcoe County, and as far north as Muskoka. Specialty services include: arthritis care, cancer care, cardiac care, cataract surgery, child and adolescent eating disorders, mental health services for children, paediatrics and perinatal care, and thoracic surgery. Specifically of note, our regional cancer program is ranked number one in Ontario. Our regional cardiac care program is the third largest in Ontario and our Emergency Department is the third busiest in Ontario. Southlake is proud to have a team of over 3,000 employees, 580 physicians, and more than 900 volunteers. Combined with our commitment to provide the best possible care to patients, our goal is to make Southlake synonymous with healthcare excellence.
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
Since 2000, over $160 million dollars has been raised in support of Southlake Regional Health Centre. Working with members of the community, hundreds of volunteers, the Southlake Family and our incredible donors, Southlake Foundation will continue to support life-saving medical equipment, infrastructure upgrades and expansions, patient programs and staff education, all for the goal of providing leading edge care, close to home. Southlake Foundation is setting the stage for important fundraising growth to support the patients and families who rely on Southlake for excellent care.
Are you passionate about healthcare philanthropy? Do you have an eye for detail with exceptional organizational skills to deliver the best donor experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to stretch your skills and learn new ones? Do you get excited about a professional growth opportunity with a dynamic, growth focused, forward thinking foundation led by a progressive CEO who is also a former AFP fundraising professional of the year?
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation has an exciting new opportunity for the right individual to advance their career as our Coordinator, Major Gifts, while helping to bring world-class healthcare close to home for our communities of York and South Simcoe Regions.
Reporting to the Vice President, Major Gifts and Campaign, as Coordinator, Major Gifts, you will be responsible for direct administrative and fundraising support to the Major Gifts Team in support of meeting Foundation production and revenue goals. As a key member of the Major Gifts Team, you will be the ‘rudder on the ship’ providing critical administrative leadership and donor support while also taking the lead on logistics for all major gift donor development events. The Coordinator, Major Gifts supports a Major Gifts Team of six in addition to donor support for our President & CEO and Philanthropy Cabinet of leadership volunteers. The successful candidate projects a ‘can do’ attitude, is donor focused, takes initiative and demonstrates professional maturity. They are a natural problem solver, versatile, highly organized and can manage multiple, competing priorities in a results focused, fast-paced development office.
Duties and responsibilities:
Major Gift Fundraising Administration and Support (70%)
Donor Event Coordination (20%)
- Donor meeting scheduling, preparation and support for President & CEO; Vice President, Major Gifts & Campaign; Director, Philanthropy; Associate Director, Philanthropy; and, Development Officers (2)
- Draft, format and edit a range of donor correspondence including thank you letters, gift agreements, pledge forms and others
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, stewardship reports and other donor communications
- Update and maintain donor database, electronic and hard copy files and records ensuring integrity of data and produce standardized reports and queries
- Professionally respond to internal and external requests for information
- Manage the creation and distribution of meeting agendas, materials, and minutes
- Lead administrative support for our Philanthropy Cabinet of leadership volunteers and Physicians’ Council
- Work collaboratively with the Prospect Research Officer in pipeline management activities
- Collaborate with other Foundation staff groups and provide support as required
Estate Administration (10%)
- Lead logistics planning and execution for all major gifts cultivation and stewardship events
- In collaboration with the Director, Philanthropy, create critical path and manage team to deadlines to ensure deliverables are met
- Develop menus, coordinate all food and beverage with venues and/or caterers
- Coordinate and provide support to Hospital partners and special guests
- Coordinate guest lists, invitations, RSVPs, follow-up communications and ensure all information is tracked and recorded in donor database
- Manage event registration and act as on-site logistics lead on event day directing set-up and take-down
Qualifications and Experience
- Create new, maintain and update existing estate files
- Work in collaboration with the Vice President, Finance and Operations to process estate gifts and manage estate correspondence
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a not-for-profit organization previous experience in an institutional (i.e. Hospital Foundation) setting an asset
- Strong administrative skills with advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with donor databases, especially Raiser’s Edge a definite asset
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Flexible, collaborative and supportive of colleagues to achieve team success
- Exceptional initiative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Professional maturity and ability to manage confidential information and exercise good judgement
- Event planning and logistics experience
- Understanding of major gift operations and business practices a definite asset