The Canadian Red Cross is engaged in the development of innovative solutions to manage emergencies and help save lives. We’re building robust cloud software that integrates the latest technologies in mobile, Web, unified communications. If you like technological challenges, then come join us to build tomorrow’s emergency management products.
You will enjoy:
an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
you will be creating innovative solutions that support emergencies and save lives
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable and an Editor, you create and publish knowledge base articles
- You are a team player, you like working independently but also as a part of a cohesive team
- You are a planner and a documenter, you track the details
- You are an expert, you understand and respond to customer concerns and problems
In this role you will:
- Create wikis, online FAQs, user guides, and documentation for our customers and employees to improve customer support, reduce customer support tickets, and increase employee access to knowledge related to the Emergency Management systems
- Work closely with project managers, Quality Assurance and Training staff and the entire Technical support team to coordinate creation and publishing of relevant material
- Plan, organize, and create high quality self-service content for the RC Tech knowledge base
- Learn and follow Knowledge-centered Support practice standards when working with knowledge base
- Work on content health efforts in the evolve loop of Knowledge-centered Support practice
- Regularly review and respond to knowledge base activity using Google Analytics
- Develop self-service content for releases of RC Tech’s new system features
- Communicate new software functionality in multiple formats including written, video, and small group presentation
We’re looking for:
- 2-4 years’ experience in a professional technical solutions development environment as a Technical Writer, writing software documentation and self-service content
- University degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution
- Minimum of five years working with Knowledgebase systems in an operations setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with confidence to interact with volunteers, staff and senior leaders
- Ability to analyze problems and situations, and their impacts to financial operations and customer experience
- Nurtures stakeholder relationships to support team delivery; plays a part in attracting, developing and retaining top talent; ensures that all talent receives mentoring, training, feedback; and development opportunities
- Ability to learn complex business software
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with cross-functional teams within the RC Tech organization, across CRC and with external clients
- Encourage a culture of knowledge sharing
Most of the work is performed in an office environment and the candidate can also expect to work from home occasionally. Occasional requirement to work overtime hours, often with short notice.
Based in either Montreal or Ottawa with an occasional requirement to travel domestically.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.
To apply to this position, click here